Today’s DIY project is something I have been mulling over for a long, long time. Ok – not that long but at least the past two years or so. I am so excited to share this with you. This is a divine body product. I was put off by other magnesium products since they tend to be drying and leave a stickiness behind on your hands. Unable to avoid the stickiness! But this product is smooth, silky and very moisturizing! I hope you like it as much as I do!!!!
Just a reminder:
Because of the water content, a preservative would be recommended if not used up within a week. Store in a dark, cool place.
Magnesium Body Pudding
What you’ll need:
- Small saucepan
- Small glass (pyrex) bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Immersion blender
- 1/2 cup melted magnesium flakes*
- 1/4 cup mango butter
- 3 tbsp jojoba
- 3 tbsp beeswax
- 2 tbsp hydrosol (I used lavender)
- 12-15 drops essential oils of your choice. (I used Nighty night)
*melt magnesium flakes by placing in a container and allowing to sit at room temp for several days until melted. Alternately, you could add 2 tbsp hot water to 1/2 cup magnesium flakes. Your final product will be a bit thinner.
What you’ll do:
- In a small glass bowl over simmering water (makeshift double boiler) combine mango butter, jojoba, and beeswax. Allow to melt. Remove from heat
- In a small saucepan, pour melted magnesium flakes. Gently warm over low heat for 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat
- Add hydrosol, mixing briefly
- Add your essential oils to the melted butter/wax
- Using an immersion blender, begin blending the cooling butter/wax
- Slowly dribbling in the magnesium/hydrosol mixture. Continue blending
- At this point you’ll notice the product firms up into a “gel” type consistency -It reminded me of pudding, hence the name – Keep blending
- Finally, after adding all the liquid, scoop into a container
- This makes 1 cup of product
- Store in an airtight container. I take out about a week’s worth and keep the rest in the refrigerator
I use this magnesium body pudding on my feet twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. It is wonderful! I shared a sample this recipe with a friend, who was having trouble falling asleep at night. She then wanted me to help her learn to make some and now she swears by it! I hope you have the same success – please be in touch if you have further questions contact us at [email protected]
This post contains affiliate links that support Africa Heartwood Project. This means they will receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. To learn more about Africa Heartwood Project click here.
by Plant Therapy